Community Resources & Reporting Elder Abuse


If someone is in immediate danger, do not hesitate—call 911 or the local police for immediate help. If danger is not imminent, report it to the appropriate authorities as soon as possible at the appropriate Adult Protective Services (APS) telephone number listed on this page.

If you have been the victim of abuse, exploitation, or neglect, you are not alone. Many people care and can help. Please tell your doctor, a friend, or a family member you trust, or call Hawai‘i APS or the Eldercare Locator help line immediately.

You can reach the Eldercare Locator by telephone at 1-800-677-1116. Specially trained operators will refer you to a local agency that can help. The Eldercare Locator is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time.

Hawai‘i Resources

In Hawai‘i, to report elder abuse, contact the Adult Protective Services agency by phone:

The Hawai‘i State Department of Health Licensing Section is responsible for licensing the various long term care facilities and enforcing regulations. You can call the State Licensing Section at (808) 692-7400.

For Seniors on the US Mainland

To Contact APS in other states, visit the State Resources section of the National Center on Elder Abuse website.

You can also call the Eldercare Locator at 1-800-677-1116, or visit them online at

Community resources and advocacy groups include:

Category: Elder Abuse


View All

We Can Help

We provide free initial consultations. If you believe you or a loved one has a claim or a potential lawsuit, we are willing to meet with you to evaluate your claim with no obligation on your part. To learn more about your legal rights and options, please contact us to receive a free initial consultation.

Free Case Evaluation

Full Name(Required)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.