We Are Mesothelioma Lawyers
Helping Families For Over 35 Years
Fighting for Families with Birth Defects
Helping Families Fight Pesticide Exposure
Helping Survivors of Childhood
Sexual Abuse Find Justice
Adult survivors now have an opportunity to file a lawsuit
Helping Families for Over 35 years
Mesothelioma + Asbestos • Birth Defects • Child Sex Abuse
We have recovered hundreds of millions for our clients.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
On Your Behalf
Galiher DeRobertis & Waxman LLP is a Hawaii personal injury firm with over 35 years of experience. Read more about how we can help you and your family.
See How We Can Help
Our firm has a proven track record of success. We have recovered over a billion dollars for our clients. We will aggressively and tenaciously pursue your case to achieve the maximum possible recovery.
Check Our Track Record
We handle every case as a team, and work hard to achieve the best possible result for every client. As your team, we'll bring this teamwork and dedication to your case. Have a look at our attorneys' profiles and see if we're for you.
Meet the Attorneys
The Galiher firm proudly represents clients from every island. We have a nationwide reputation for being among the best in the business, and offer the highest quality litigation skills and experience to all of Hawaii and the mainland.
Our Info Center
We are the leading mesothelioma and birth defects law firm in the State of Hawaii.
Galiher DeRobertis & Waxman is a personal injury law firm with over 35 years of experience. We can help you and your family.
- 25OctTwo Maui families with children born with rare illnesses are suing Monsanto and its parent company Bayer. They claim the company knowingly sprayed harmful chemicals that caused their conditions. Dana Fulton sat looking at photos...24OctIn California, Hawaii, and a handful of other states, new laws are extending the time limit to file a case and allowing survivors to seek legal action and compensation. Survivors who may have been previously...
- 7AugAs concern grows over the rise in opioid related deaths, we must also consider how the drugs affect the youngest victims and the link to birth defects in developing babies. The damages wrought by the...1AugThe EU banned these chemicals because of their danger to honeybees, but they are believed to be harmful to humans—and they are in use in the United States. After a scientific review, the European Union...
- 24JulThe first Perrin Opioid Litigation Conference was held in Dallas, Texas on June 28, 2018, focused on bringing together speakers from all sides to assess the issues surrounding an increasing number of opioid epidemic-related lawsuits. ...16JulChlorpyrifos causes brain damage in developing fetuses, but this state took a bold stance against it. On June 13, 2018, Hawaiian governor, David Ige, signed new legislation that phases out the use of chlorpyrifos and...
- 11JunIf signed by Gov. Ige, the new law will take effect in July 2018 with a complete ban on chlorpyrifos by January 2019. In a sweeping action, the Hawaii state legislature moved to completely ban...16MayAs the use of dangerous pesticides continues, a potential bill is in the works to increase protection for the public. The Hawaii state House unanimously voted to pass a bill that would establish regulations on...
- 15MayGoing forward, Purdue will halt promotion of opioids to doctors. Privately held pharmaceutical manufacturer Purdue says that it will no longer market OxyContin, the most sold opioid painkiller in the world, to doctors. Multiple lawsuits...4MayLarger doses may not be the problem in the opioid crisis. According to a study of over one million commercially insured patients, the length of opioid prescriptions rather than the dosage is the prime determinant...
Knowledge Is Power
To give you the power, we've created the Mesothelioma & Asbestos Knowledge Center. We're adding new articles about the latest developments in these topics all the time. Click to learn more.
Galiher Law Firm
L. Richard DeRobertis is the lead appellate lawyer in the firm. Rick has helped to preserve and expand the legal rights of Hawaii's workers and consumers, and represents them in court appeals against manufacturers of defective products.
Since joining the Galiher team in 2007, Ilana has focused her practice on clients with mesothelioma and other asbestos diseases. She also works on whistleblower cases, pharmaceutical cases, and international claims brought by victims of terrorism.
Gary Galiher, the founder of Galiher DeRobertis & Waxman, began practicing law in 1977 and started his own law firm the following year. His trial skills combined with his tenacity and hard work obtained outstanding recoveries for his clients.