We Are Hawaii Mesothelioma Lawyers
Helping Hawaii Families For Over 35 Years
On Your Behalf
Galiher DeRobertis & Waxman LLP is a Hawaii personal injury firm with over 35 years of experience. Read more about how we can help you and your family.
See How We Can Help
Get ResultsOur firm has a proven track record of success. We have recovered over a billion dollars for our clients. We will aggressively and tenaciously pursue your case to achieve the maximum possible recovery.
Check Our Track Record
Meet the Attorneys
Statewide PracticeThe Galiher firm proudly represents clients from every island. We have a nationwide reputation for being among the best in the business, and offer the highest quality litigation skills and experience to all of Hawaii.
Our Hawaii Info Center
We are the leading mesothelioma and birth defects law firm in the State of Hawaii.
Galiher DeRobertis & Waxman is a Hawaii personal injury law firm with over 35 years of experience. We can help you and your family.
- 17AprPossible asbestos in Claire’s makeup serves as a reminder of “lenient” oversight in the cosmetic industry Claire’s dismisses claims of alleged asbestos-contaminated makeup after a Rhode Island mother reports finding asbestos in her child’s makeup....7AprIn comparison to many other countries, the United States can be defined as permissive when it comes to asbestos. Global Asbestos Awareness Week, running April 1-7, is an opportunity to increase awareness of asbestos and...
- 31MarAmerica remembers Cezar Chavez’s work to fight for the lives of farmworkers and the working poor. On March 31, the United States recognizes Cesar Chavez Day as an opportunity to celebrate the lasting legacy of...16MarAAJ article highlights the ongoing problem with corporations choosing money over honesty and consumer safety. The American Association for Justice’s (AAJ) newest report highlights corporate misconduct and how it impacts the average U.S. citizen’s everyday...
- 6MarTime is running out as the statute of limitations winds down for victims of asbestos related illnesses. The three year statute of limitations allowing possible recovery for those who developed asbestos-related diseases as a result...1MarJohnson & Johnson demonstrates lack of transparency and consistency in its communication with the public. One question in one memo has become a proverbial Pandora’s box for Johnson & Johnson. The memorandum in question addressed...
- 22FebPeople are taking sides in the debate focusing on connection between pesticides and birth defects. The question of whether pregnant women who live and/or work around high levels of pesticide use, particularly on Kauai’s Westside,...15FebStudy shows direct connection between pesticide exposure and risks beyond poor pregnancy outcomes. According to a recent study, women who ate more fruits and vegetables containing high amounts of pesticide residue were less likely to...
- 6FebThere’s more than meets the eye to home renovations that lead to unintentional asbestos exposure. You work. You spend years saving. You’re finally able to move into a home of your own. One unsuspecting afternoon...31JanAn end-goal of damage reduction leads the EPA and three major biotech firms to agree to stricter regulations for a popular herbicide, but is it enough? The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has reached an agreement...
Knowledge Is Power
To give you the power, we've created the Mesothelioma & Asbestos Knowledge Center. We're adding new articles about the latest developments in these topics all the time. Click to learn more.
Galiher Law Firm
L. Richard DeRobertis is the lead appellate lawyer in the firm. Rick has helped to preserve and expand the legal rights of Hawaii's workers and consumers, and represents them in court appeals against manufacturers of defective products.
Since joining the Galiher team in 2007, Ilana has focused her practice on clients with mesothelioma and other asbestos diseases. She also works on whistleblower cases, pharmaceutical cases, and international claims brought by victims of terrorism.
Gary Galiher, the founder of Galiher DeRobertis & Waxman, began practicing law in 1977 and started his own law firm the following year. His trial skills combined with his tenacity and hard work obtained outstanding recoveries for his clients.