We have helped thousands of people with mesothelioma
and other devastating injuries.
Passionate Advocates for Our Clients
We Are Hawaii Mesothelioma Lawyers
Helping Hawaii Families For Over 35 Years
Advocates for Victims of Sports-Related Brain Injury
Visit our knowledge center to learn about your rights
and your legal position as a sufferer or family member
of someone with a sports-related brain injury.
On Your Behalf
See How We Can Help
Get ResultsOur firm has a proven track record of success. We have recovered over a billion dollars for our clients. We will aggressively and tenaciously pursue your case to achieve the maximum possible recovery.
Check Our Track Record
Meet the Attorneys
Statewide PracticeThe Galiher firm proudly represents clients from every island. We have a nationwide reputation for being among the best in the business, and offer the highest quality litigation skills and experience to all of Hawaii.
Our Hawaii Info Center
We are the leading mesothelioma law firm in the State of Hawaii.
Galiher DeRobertis Waxman is a Hawaii personal injury law firm with over 35 years of experience. We can help you and your family.
- 7JulCommunity Resources and advocacy groups are helping us make the world a safer place for our athletes.24JunA collection of 10 free online resources, which run the gamut of health issues for persons with disabilities.
- 23JunDoes getting a concussion younger mean the brain heals quicker? Or is it worse for the long-term? In the case of repetitive concussions, how many is too many?20JunScientists are researching the differences between male and female brains. Data shows surprising differences in how they receive and respond to injury.
- 14JunCheck out the video making-of, and get behind the scenes with artist Kamea Hadar!13JunThe NFL has been running disinformation campaign to hide the truth about concussive injuries. Click on the image to view it full-sized:
- 8JunWe’ve talked before about the importance of being an advocate for your loved one, due to the limited resources our state has to perform certain functions. We’re honored to have the state’s Long-Term Care Ombudsman,...3JunCommunity Resources and advocacy groups are helping us make the world a safer place for our athletes. State of Hawaii Neurotrauma Support http://health.hawaii.gov/nt/ Neurotrauma Support develops, implements, and monitors a comprehensive system of statewide supports...
- 28MayQueen Liliuokalani Building, Hawaii Department of Education headquarters in Honolulu All fifty states currently have some form of concussion management policy instituted to protect athletes 18 and below. Hawaii law (HB 2273/SD1 Act 197 of...24MayIn a report for the US House of Representatives this week, new evidence came to light that shows the National Football League continuing to fit the name “The League of Denial.” “Democratic Committee staff received...
Meet Our Partners
Gary Galiher, the founder and senior partner of Galiher DeRobertis Waxman, began practicing law in 1977 and founded his own law firm the following year. His trial skills combined with his tenacity and hard work have obtained outstanding recoveries for his clients.
L. Richard DeRobertis is the lead appellate lawyer in the firm and second in tenure. Rick has helped to preserve and expand the legal rights of Hawaii workers and consumers, and represents them in court appeals against manufacturers of defective products.
Since joining the Galiher team in 2007, Ilana has focused her practice on clients with mesothelioma and other asbestos diseases. She also works on whistleblower cases, pharmaceutical cases, and international claims brought by victims of terrorism.