Passionate Advocates for Our Clients
We have helped thousands of people with mesothelioma
and other catastrophic injuries.
We Are Hawaii Mesothelioma Lawyers
Helping Hawaii Families For Over 35 Years
Advocates for Victims of Sports-Related Brain Injury
Visit our knowledge center to learn about your rights
and your legal position as a sufferer or family member
of someone with sports-related brain injury.
On Your BehalfWe truly care about each and every one of our clients. That's because we only take cases where we believe we're on the right side of the issues. Are you one of the good guys? We want to help, if so.
See How We Can Help
Get ResultsOur firm has a proven track record of success. We have recovered over a billion dollars for our clients. We will aggressively and tenaciously pursue your case to achieve the maximum possible recovery.
Check Our Track Record
Your TeamWe handle every case as a team, and work hard to achieve the best possible result for every client. As your team, we'll bring this teamwork and dedication to your case. Have a look at our attorneys' profiles and see if we're for you.
Meet the Attorneys
Statewide PracticeThe Galiher firm proudly represents clients from every island. We have a nationwide reputation for being among the best in the business, and offer the highest quality litigation skills and experience to all of Hawaii.
Our Hawaii Info Center
We are the leading mesothelioma law firm in the State of Hawaii.
Galiher DeRobertis Waxman is a Hawaii personal injury law firm with over 35 years of experience. We can help you and your family.
- 8FebWe hosted quite the conference, last week. The CTE Conference 2016 brought together leading researchers and practitioners, to share the latest research related to chronic traumatic encephalopathy (or CTE for short), traumatic brain injuries (TBI),...22JanElder abuse is a growing concern nationwide and in Hawaii. Galiher DeRobertis Waxman is currently representing elderly victims of neglect, abuse, and exploitation, as well as their families. Our firm filed one such suit on Thursday....
- 7JanDo you love your kidneys? The Galiher Firm does! But there are some startling facts about the kidney*: 1 in 3 American adults is currently at risk for developing kidney disease. 26 million American adults...7DecScientific advancements and a greater understanding of the issues that affect the health and safety of young athletes are key to reducing sports-related concussions in youth, reads Congress’s Youth Sports Concussion Act of 2013. States...
- 3DecAbove: The connective neurons of the brain are stained green by an antibody to SNTF, which is a protein that could soon be used to detect concussive injuries. New Protein Biomarker Highlights Damaged Brain Wiring...1DecIt’s Not Just About Money We at Galiher DeRobertis Waxman value social justice and fight for it every day. We bring cases to court on behalf of the people of Hawaii. Furthermore, when working with...
- 16NovJamie Higa was on her college basketball team when she suffered her fourth concussion. Recovery has taken years. Her coach “did not take injuries seriously,” and pressured her team to play through any pain. Concussions,...13NovIn today’s podcast, we’re delving into the subject of food-borne illness and the variety of fascinating subjects surrounding it. It’s impossible to really know what we put in our mouths. We think we know, but...
- 5NovLies & Fraud Abounding In today’s show, we hear the story of a company’s willingness to lie in service of profit. Tune in, and learn about how Galiher DeRobertis Waxman forced them to show the...2NovElder abuse is a broad term which encompasses several different forms of neglect, abuse, and exploitation of an older person. There are hundreds of thousands of victims of elder abuse across America every year, and...
We Are A Hawaii Law Firm
Galiher DeRobertis Waxman is well known in Hawaii for its decades of experience and successful handling of mesothelioma and personal injury cases. We would like to help you with your or your loved one’s mesothelioma or catastrophic injury case. Click here to learn about our extensive legal experience in the islands.
Meet Our Partners
Gary Galiher, the founder and senior partner of Galiher DeRobertis Waxman, began practicing law in 1977 and founded his own law firm the following year. His trial skills combined with his tenacity and hard work have obtained outstanding recoveries for his clients.
L. Richard DeRobertis is the lead appellate lawyer in the firm and second in tenure. Rick has helped to preserve and expand the legal rights of Hawaii workers and consumers, and represents them in court appeals against manufacturers of defective products.
Since joining the Galiher team in 2007, Ilana has focused her practice on clients with mesothelioma and other asbestos diseases. She also works on whistleblower cases, pharmaceutical cases, and international claims brought by victims of terrorism.