Community Resources & Reporting Elder Abuse


If someone is in immediate danger, do not hesitate—call 911 or the local police for immediate help. If danger is not imminent, report it to the appropriate authorities as soon as possible at the appropriate Adult Protective Services (APS) telephone number listed on this page.

If you have been the victim of abuse, exploitation, or neglect, you are not alone. Many people care and can help. Please tell your doctor, a friend, or a family member you trust, or call Hawaii APS or the Eldercare Locator help line immediately.

You can reach the Eldercare Locator by telephone at 1-800-677-1116. Specially trained operators will refer you to a local agency that can help. The Eldercare Locator is open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time.

Hawaii Resources

In Hawaii, to report elder abuse, contact the Adult Protective Services agency by phone:

The Hawaii State Department of Health Licensing Section is responsible for licensing the various long term care facilities and enforcing regulations. You can call the State Licensing Section at (808) 692-7400.

For Seniors on the US Mainland

To Contact APS in other states, visit the State Resources section of the National Center on Elder Abuse website.

You can also call the Eldercare Locator at 1-800-677-1116, or visit them online at http://www.eldercare.gov

Community resources and advocacy groups include: